Yes, we are once again creeping up on that time… that time when hordes of muse-addled lunatics embark on a journey to write an entire novel in a month.[fn]Well. 50,000 words. A novella, if you will. Whatever, it’s still a lot of words to write in a month.[/fn]
NaNoWriMo is almost upon us.
I had sworn, sworn I wasn’t going to participate this year… but I am a sick, sick man.[fn]And, apparently, a liar.[/fn] So I will once again be taking up my pen[fn]Keyboard[/fn] and embarking on a personal journey of self loathing and monstrously unfair deadlines.
Oh, and I’m upping the ante.
- I will be doing NaNoWriMo. Specifically, I will be using NaNoWriMo to start the sequel to Pay Me, Bug!
- I will also continue publishing The Points Between — the plan is one chapter a week, plus podcast.
- I will also publish the November issue of Curveball.
- I will also attempt to repeat my feat from last November by keeping to a five day a week comic schedule for Help Desk.
- I will also need to continue being a husband and a father, because… well, I am. That doesn’t magically go away.
- Oh! And I’ll need to keep going to that pesky 8 hour a day job thing in order to, you know, afford all of the above.
Yep, that’s my game plan for November. I’m pretty sure this is the one that breaks me in two.
If you’re planning to do NaNoWriMo as well, and you want a place to commiserate, I’ve set up a discussion forum. We can all rock back and forth together as we develop that thousand word stare…[fn]Thousand Word Stare: the vacant, desperate look in a writer’s eyes while in the middle of a seemingly impossible deadline. Or NaNoWriMo.[/fn]