Status Report, 7 July 2014

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
C B Wright
Status Report, 7 July 2014

Curveball began publication in July of 2012.

That means that issue 12 of Curveball should have been released in June of 2013... but it wasn't. Issue 12 didn't get published until August.

Still, that wasn't the end of the world. That's two months behind schedule, and if I'd got on the stick I could have adopted an agressive three-week release schedule until I "caught up" to what it should have been. Unfortunately, issue 13 didn't come out until October. Issue 14 was released deceptively on schedule in November... then 15 in February. 16 in July.

July should have been the start of Curveball Year Three. So... yeah. I'm really, really far behind.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be possible to adopt a bat-shit insane release schedule and actually catch up, but I'm not sure I can keep up the quality I'd need to do that. I'm not Wildbow and this isn't Worm. Still, I wonder...

Barrendur (not verified)
Dear C.B.:

Dear C.B.:

I'm thoroughly enjoying 'Curveball', and the experience is actually very much like reading a comic. And even though I love superheroes and comics, it *wasn't* inevitable that I'd love your work; as a reader, I have standards, and modern DC and Marvel rarely meet them anymore.

But I DO like 'Curveball'! And that leads me to inquire: Is there going to *be* any more 'Curveball'? It's now March 15, 2017, and nothing seems to be shakin' but the leaves on the trees; please, *please* reawaken the comic and continue the story, C.B. You have, in me, at least one committed (and articulate) fan; I'm still checking daily for updates, and I want to read MORE.

Sincerely,
Barrendur

C B Wright
Hello!

Hello!

I'm actively writing issue 32, but yeah, I know it's been a long time coming. Very sorry for the delay, but I'm trying to get there.

--
Writer, former musician, occasional cartoonist, and noted authority on his own opinions.

Barrendur (not verified)
Dear C.B.:

Dear C.B.:

Thanks so much for the response. I was worried that you might have abandoned 'Curveball' without warning -- as, alas, so many web-authors seem prone to do -- but I'm delighted to hear that you're still there, and still interested in your project. *I* think it's worth continuing (but yeah, obviously Your Mileage May Vary).

Sincerely,
Barrendur

The Auld Grump
Glad to see that you are

Glad to see that you are still plugging away - I will admit that with both Curveball and Pen & Cape being so quiet lately, I was gie worrit.

The Auld Grump