Site Changes, Updates, Issues: 17 November 2014

1 post / 0 new
C B Wright
Site Changes, Updates, Issues: 17 November 2014

The last few days have been pure hell as far as blogspam goes. Someone is really convinced that Eviscerati.Org represents the perfect demographic for knock-off, high-fashion handbags.

Mollom (the site spam catcher) is doing an admirable job, but some posts are still getting through. One of the reasons is that one of my Drupal modules wasn't working the way it was supposed to. Comment Closer was supposed to automatically set node comments to read only after 30 days. Most blogspam posts try to put their comments in a sites archived articles, and the fact that those archived articles still had open comments was a serious problem.

To fix this I've had to go through the entire site and mass disable commenting, then re-enable comments on the most recent set of articles. I've also set up a different method of disabling comments after 30 days. I won't know if it works for 30 days, though. :-/

Anyway, it's entirely possible this will make RSS feeds and the Site Tracker go a little crazy, since every single node on this site is marked as having been updated on November 17, 2014.